Continuing Education Courses
- Health Services for Children with Special Needs (HSCSN) is offering a free online one-hour CME course on health care transition. The one-hour CME features the experiences of physicians in busy pediatric, family medicine, and internal medicine practices in the District of Columbia who successfully implemented the Six Core Elements using quality improvement methodologies. The course was developed in collaboration with The National Alliance to Advance Adolescent Health/Got Transition, HSCSN, and the DC Department of Health.
- Course on Transition to Adult Care: Services for Children and Youth with Special Health-Care Needs Texas Health Steps
Graduate Medical and Public Health Education
- Presentations at the University of South Florida for College of Medicine students (September 2018), College of Public Health graduate students (March 2018), USF Psychiatry residents (March 2018), and Maternal and Child Health agency representatives and students (March 2018), and
- Residency Education in Preparing for Transition to Adult Care: A Pilot Study at USF Health (2014)
- Toolkit for Primary Care Providers- Heath Care For Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- AAMC: Matheny Medical Education
- The 2011 Clinical Report on Health Care Transition from the AAP/ACP/AAFP was published in the July 2011 issue of Pediatrics and is available for download here.
- Transition From Pediatric to Adult Care: Internists’ Perspectives (Pediatrics, 2009)
- Adolescent with Chronic Illness (Burns et al.)
- The University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville