Social Security and Community-Based Services
- Selective Service for Men with Disabilities. Young males who are age 18, have a disability and live at home must register with Selective Service if they can reasonably leave their homes and move about independently. A friend or relative may help a disabled man fill out the registration form if he can’t do it himself. See more information about registering with the Selective Service System.
- FYI Transition (from FDDC/USF; web-based learning on transition planning, career and post-secondary education planning, job development and support, health, and independent living)
- The Changing Face of Benefits in Florida. New online tools are now available to help with benefits planning and asset development, designed to provide comprehensive information for individuals with disabilities, families, and professionals on work incentives, assets and benefits that may be retained when an individual with a disability goes to work.
- Tools for Financial Independence for individuals with and without disabilities [2012, from Florida Alliance for Assistive Services and Technology (FAAST) and the Department of Education/Vocational Rehabilitation]
- Apps to Increase Independence (2014 PPT presentation from Florida Alliance for Assistive Services and Technology)
© Copyright Florida Health and Transitions Services